No Baby yet. Just in case you were checking in for that.
But hey, while you’re here, check out this gorgeous blueberry cream cheese bread. I baked it on Sunday as part of Rachel’s birthday celebration, along with an almond cake she likes.
The recipe itself may look long and detailed, but it isn’t that tough to make. It probably took me about a half hour to get it in the oven, though who knows how much of that was spent entertaining Baby Boy or carefully reading the directions.
There were a few comments along with this recipe from people who made it and had trouble with it. We didn’t have trouble, but I wanted to mention it here because I’d hate for you to have trouble. In addition to the recipe you’ll find below, here is what I was extra careful about:
- I left the cream cheese in the fridge until the bread batter was ready, only then did I make the filling with the chilled cream cheese.
- I was VERY careful folding the whipped egg whites into the batter. I did this using a silicon spatula, not a blender or stand mixer.
- I baked an extra 5-10 minutes or so until a toothpick came out mostly clean.
- I used frozen blueberries which I thawed and patted dry on paper towels.
The blueberry cream cheese bread came out fantastic. Honestly. Just look at those pictures. It was also delicious and moist. My in laws were over and helped us polish off 3/4 of it before dinner time.
Enjoy! Have a nice weekend, and maybe we’ll see you on Tuesday if still no Baby
Blueberry Cream Cheese Bread
- FOR THE BREAD:
- ½ cups Butter
- ½ cups Sugar
- ¼ teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 whole Egg Yolks
- 1-½ cup All-pupose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ⅓ cups Milk
- 1-½ cup Blueberries (up To 2 Cups, Which I Prefer)
- 1 Tablespoon All-purpose Flour
- 2 whole Egg Whites
- ¼ cups White Sugar
- FOR THE FILLING:
- 8 ounces, weight Cream Cheese
- ½ cups Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Flour
- 1 whole Egg
- 1 Tablespoon Orange Zest
- FOR THE GLAZE:
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- ½ teaspoons Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon Water
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, 1 tablespoon flour, egg and orange zest; beat until smooth. (Be sure to use the measurements found under filling for these.) Set aside.
- Stir together the glaze ingredients and set aside.
- For the bread:
- Cream butter and sugar (1/2 cup) until fluffy. Add salt and vanilla. Add egg yolks (save the egg whites as you’ll need them later) to the sugar mixture; beat until creamy. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine flour (1 1/2 cups) and baking powder. Add this mixture, alternately with milk to egg yolk mixture.
- Coat berries with 1 tablespoon flour and add them to the batter.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Add sugar (1/4 cup), 1 tablespoon at a time, and beat until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites into batter.
- Pour 1/2 of the batter (or a little less) into a floured and greased bread pan. Layer the filling over the batter and then finish with remainder of batter. This will create a layer of “cheesecake” between the blueberry batter.
- Pour glaze over top of unbaked loaf and bake at 350F for 55-60 minutes.
Recipe from: Savannah’s Savory Bites