- 1/2 gallon milk
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ground cinnamon to tast
- In a large saucepan over high heat, combine 1/2 gallon milk, sugar and rice. Bring to boil, once mixture has reached boiling, lower heat to medium-low heat, simmer covered for 1 hour stirring frequently. Remove pan from heat and let rest 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, 1/4 cup milk, salt and vanilla. Stir into rice mixture and return pot to low heat, stirring constantly for 2 minutes. Pour into a 10 x 10 inch dish and cover with plastic wrap, folding back the corners to allow the steam to escape.
- When pudding has cooled to room temperature, remove plastic wrap and sprinkle surface of pudding with cinnamon. Cover tightly with new plastic wrap and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight before serving.
A few extras that can be thrown in that I like.
Raisin Rice Pudding
Before putting it into the 10×10 dish, pour in 1/2 cup of raisins
Creamy Chocolate Chip Rice Pudding
Once cooled in the fridge and ready to serve, pour in 1/2 cup of mini dark chocolate chips and stir
Creamy Coconut Rice Pudding
Before putting it into the 10×10 dish, pour in 1/2 cup of sweetened dried coconut