I love banana bread. Especially in the morning with a cup of tea. Some recipes result in a dry, dense banana bread which ends up sitting heavy in my stomach. This recipe yields a light, moist, banana bread that is just perfect. I hope you’ll give it a try.
Moist Banana Bread
Total Bake Time: 45 – 60 minutes
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Mash Bananas in a bowl
- Cream butter and sugar and add eggs one at a time in another bowl
- In a large bowl combine sour cream and baking soda and it stand for 5 minutes
- Add sugar and butter mixture to sour cream mixture
- Add mashed bananas, flour, salt and vanilla
- Grease and flour pans
- Cook at 350 for 45 minutes.
1. Assemble your ingredients.
2. Over ripe bananas that are browning are ideal for Moist Banana Bread.
3. Peel your bananas and place into a small bowl for mashing.
4. Mash your bananas fine with a fork.
5. Then, in a separate bowl, mix butter with sugar. I started with a fork but switched to a hand mixer, much easier.
6. Add egg to the sugar butter mixture one at a time until well incorporated.
7. In a separate bowl, add baking soda to sour cream and stir. Let sit for 5 minutes.
8. The baking soda will begin to froth and rise like yeast.
9. Add and stir the sugar butter mixture into the sour cream.
10. Add and stir the mashed bananas. You’ll end up with a batter like this.
11. Pour into a greased and floured baking pan.
12. After baking for 45 minutes you’ll end up with a golden/brown top. I over baked mine by 5 minutes tending to the baby, but even still the results are delicious and moist.
This Banana Bread is moist and delicious. It’s highly advised you cut this up and give it to your friends or family. If not, don’t blame me for eating it all yourself.