I bought a cheesecake book a few years ago and tried a few different recipes. After baking this one I haven’t made any other varieties, it’s such a hit.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Need a 9 inch cheesecake or springform pan with 3 inch sides (can find at Bed Bath & Beyond). Spray with nonstick spray and line bottom with parchment paper
- Baking pan filled with boiling water
3 packages (each8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
12 oz white chocolate, chopped and melted (see tip on bottom)
1 1/2 cups sour cream
1 tbsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
1 tbsp flour (or corn starch)
1 3/4 cups sour cream
2 tbsp granulated sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
Fresh Raspberry Sauce (coming soon!)
1. Filling: In a food processor, fitted with a metal blade, and in two batches if necessary, combine cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and salt for 30 seconds, scraping down sides of bowl. Add melted chocolate, sour cream, eggs and vanilla. Process for 30 seconds, scraping sides of bowl again. Process for one more minute. In a small bowl, toss berries with flour (or cornstarch). With a rubber spatula, fold into chocolate mixture. Pour batterinto bottom of prepared cheesecake pan.
2. Center cheesecake pan on the middle rack in the oven with a roasting pan of boiling water on the lower rack (this is to prevent drying and cracking). Bake the cheesecake at 400F for10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350F and continue baking for about 45 – 55 minutes more or until top of cake is firm to the touch. Remove cheesecake from oven and place on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes (do not turn oven off).
3. Topping: In a small bowl, mix sour cream, sugar, and vanilla. Pour into center of cooled cake and spread out to edges. Bake for 5 minutes more. Cool on a rack for 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours before decorating.
Melting Chocolate Tip
To melt which chocolate, bring water to a boil in the bottom of a double boiler and turn off heat (two pots, one on top of other). Place chopped chocolate in top portion of double boiler and stir until melted. The hot steam is enough to melt it. Don’t use the microwave. White chocolate has a lower melting point than other chocolates.