As soon as I saw this recipe go up on Picky Palette I emailed it to Rachel and said “We need to make this!”
We modified the recipe a little, going with brown rice instead of white, and using store baked rotisere chicken instead of shredded chicken breast. Oh, and I accidentally bought red enchilada sauce instead of green. (If you make this mistake too its ok, it was still really tasty). We served with Tostitos and Guacamole.
Chicken and Black Bean Green Enchilada Rice Bake
- 2 cups white long grain rice (We used brown rice)
- 2 1/2 cups cooked, shredded chicken breast
- One 15-ounce can mild green enchilada sauce
- One 4-ounce can sliced black olives (We skipped on the olives – don’t like em)
- One 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet Roasted Ground Cumin (We used regular Ground Cumin.)
- One 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Cook rice according to package directions.
3. Place chicken, enchilada sauce, olives, tomatoes, sour cream, salt, pepper and cumin into a large bowl, mixing to combine. Pour cooked rice into prepared baking dish and layer beans on top of rice. Pour chicken mixture over rice and top evenly with cheddar cheese. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until cheese is melted and rice is hot.
Makes 6 to 8 servings
Recipe Modified from Picky Palate