This recipe was comes to you all the way from Fukuoka, Japan, where living for a year I was unable to get the ingredients to make certain dishes I loved from home. One day I smelt what I thought was Sausage and Peppers coming from my neighbors apartment. Alas, it wasn’t the case.
Sweet Italian Sausage isn’t readily available in Japan, so I bought some chicken instead. Wanting to kick it up a notch I marinated it in some Italian dressing I had. I decided to marinate my veggies too. It smelled so good while I was cooking it I decided to add some rice. Thus comes this dish. Enjoy!
- 1 package boneless, skinless chicken
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 large, yellow onion
- Italian Dressing
- 2 Cups White Rice (Preferably short grain, sticky rice)
- Cut up your chicken into 1 inch pieces. Place into a ziplock bag, pour enough dressing in to sufficently cover the chicken, place in fridge
- Slice the peppers and onion into quarter inch wide, 1 1/2″ inch long strips. Place into a seperate ziplock bag, pour enough dressing in to sufficiently cover the veggies, place in fridge
- Let the veggies and chicken marinate over night
- The next night, prepare your white rice. While that’s cooking up…ried
- In a large, unoiled skillet, pour in the contents of your chicken bag. Cook until done, pour onto a plate, and set aside
- Pour the contents of the veggie bag into the skillet. Cook on high heat until veggies just start to soften.
- With heat still high, add chicken back to the pan and add white rice.
- Mix and cook for 1 more minute until rice is thoroughly worked in
- Shut off heat and eat
Extra Steps For Added Flavor
Mix salsa in and top with cheddar cheese. Tastes great in a soft shell taco wrap too. Rachel looks at me weird when I do this but its gooooood! Enjoy!