Yet another fried rice recipe. This is about as chinese food restaurant as it gets. Took a while to finally figure it all out. This recipe will call for a day or two advance preparation.
*** You will want 3 cups of cooked white rice that has been in the fridge for a day or 2. ***
1 cup of uncooked medium grain white rice
1 3/4 cups of water
1 tbsp of rice vinegar
Put rice and water in a pot, cover pot and bring to a boil. Stir rice occasionally and remove from heat once water is no longer in the pot. Move rice to container and leave uncovered until cooled. Once cooled, cover and place in fridge for 1-2 days
- 2 day old cooked white rice (from above)
- 1/2 cup of diced carrots in 1/4″ cubes
- 1/2 cup of frozen peas (thawed)
- 1/2 cup frozen string beans (thawed)
- 1 medium size white onion diced
- 3 eggs
- 3 scallions sliced into 1/8″ rings
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Heat large wok on high heat, once hot, pour in 1 tbsp of sesame oil and coat wok.
- Place onions in wok and lightly cook until tender and just starting to turn translucent.
- Remove onions and set aside
- Wipe wok with paper towel and place back on high heat, once hot, pour in 1 tbsp of sesame oil and coat wok
- Place carrots into wok and toss.
- Add 1/2 cup of water to carrots and cover with pot lid.
- Cook carrots about 2 minutes or until tender leaving them slightly snappy
- Drain water from carrots and place aside
- Place peas in wok with 1/4 cup of water and heat for about 30 seconds.
- In a 7″ frying pan add 1 tbsp of vegetable oil and heat pan on low heat.
- Beat 3 eggs and pour into frying pan and cover.
- Cook eggs on low heat until ready to flip.
- Flip eggs and cook until you have a flat pancake like ommlette.
- place egg on cutting board and slice into 1/3″ x 1/4″ pieces
- Heat wok on high and add 1 tbsp sesame oil. Place rice into wok and toss until evenly heated.
- Mix soy sauce with oyster sauce and pour over rice.
- Mix rice until evenly coated with sauce mixture.
- Add onions, peas, carrots, scallions, egg to rice and mix well.
- Toss fried rice in wok until all components are hot.
- Serve and enjoy.